Acadia Vacation Cottage Rental on Mount Desert Island
Paul's Cottage is the year-round home where my father-in-law spent his retirement years. Built to resemble a New England barn, the spacious pine-paneled living room features a cathedral ceiling and a granite fireplace that is likely the largest you have ever seen!
3 Bedrooms The three bedrooms will comfortably sleep five people including infants. Due to the relatively small size of the loft bedrooms we limit the number of guests to 5. There is a bedroom with a queen-size bed and full bath on the first floor. Over the kitchen and bedroom is a loft area with a full bath and two bedrooms, one with a queensize bed (see photo), the other with a small twin and sitting area with a skylight (see photo).
Our newly renovated kitchen is well equipped for cooking and serving, with amenities including gas stove, microwave, dishwasher and breakfast table.
Mealtime is always more enjoyable with a view of the water. You can sit in front of the window in the dining area or simply go outside to use the picnic table on the deck. In the corner of the living room next to a window with a waterfront view, the landlady (who lives next door) insisted on having a game table. If you challenge her to a game of scrabble, she probably will be up for it. A separate utility/storage room on the main level has additional wood for the fireplace along with a washer and dryer.
In the evenings you can listen to the stereo, watch cable television or a movie on the DVD player while relaxing and enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.
Step through large sliding glass doors onto a 400 sq. ft. deck with comfortable seating to enjoy a panoramic view of Blue Hill Bay. We are located between Mitchell and Duck Cove on the western side of Mount Desert Island, so you will need to sit out on the deck in the evening to watch a spectacular sunset which probably will take your breath away.
|Oct 5 -
Paul’s Cottage is open year-round. * We can comfortably sleep five persons, including children/infants, no exceptions, please.
- Wireless internet connection
- Color cable television, stereo and DVD player
- Plenty of blankets, pillows, sheets and towels
- Wood and kindling for the fireplace
- Fully winterized and heated by oil furnace
- Gas stove with double oven
- Microwave and electric coffeemaker
- Washer and dryer in laundry room
- Charcoal grille
- Deck furniture with picnic table and chairs
- 2 full bathrooms
- We rent by the week Saturday to Saturday
- A deposit is required within 7 days to hold your reservation. Refund of deposits can only be made if we are successful in re-renting the entire period.
- All of our rental rates are subject to a 7% Maine sales tax.
- Balance due upon arrival.
- Our housekeeping cottages are now smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside at any time.
- We have found that many of our guests are allergic to pets, so we regrettably have concluded that we can not accommodate any pets.
- Paul's Cottage can accommodate five people comfortably. No exceptions, please.
- We do count children including infants as part of the total occupancy.
41 Gunlow Pond Road
West Tremont, ME 04612
The best time to call me regarding your vacation plans is 9:00am to 9:00 p.m.
(207) 866-3546 (November to April) and at (207) 244-7746 (May to October)
or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org